title="Ashley Green Parish Council in Buckinghamshire">

Ashley Green

 

Golden Eagle PubAshley Green is located in the leafy Buckinghamshire countryside and has a network of footpaths and bridleways through the surrounding farmland linking it to the village of Whelpley Hill and the neighbouring towns of Chesham and Berkhamsted. Its main features are the Village Green, a playground, two village halls (The Memorial Hall and The Old School), St. John the Evangelist Church and the 16th century Golden Eagle pub.

Ashley Green is dominated by the Village Green which lies central to the village and features a pudding stone, King’s Pond and a replica Well Head constructed in 1995 by village volunteers on its original site. The playground lies in the Glebe meadow adjacent to the Memorial Hall at the southern end of the Green. Along the A416 main road is the 16th century Golden Eagle pub, formerly the village blacksmith’s house and forge. Visit their website for menus and events www.thegoldeneagleashleygreen.co.uk

PlaygroundNorth of the village are the 180 acres of Hockeridge and Pancake woods owned and maintained by The Royal Forestry Society (www.rfs.org.uk/involved/chilterns).

To the south of Ashley Green is Chesham Preparatory School, an independent co-educational, day school for boys and girls aged 4 - 13 years which relocated to the outskirts of Ashley Green shortly after opening in 1938. (www.cheshamprep.co.uk).

Well HouseAshley Green is lucky to have a very active Community Association which organises many village events throughout the year for villagers and other public. The funds raised help to maintain and continually improve the facilities in the village for the benefit of villagers and non residents. Information about the Community Association and membership can be found on their website www.ashleygreen.org.uk